VisualTrader Forum VisualTrader Forum
forums calendars search
today this week

register logon control panel Forum Rules
You are currently browsing as a guest.
You should logon to access more features
A Self-Moderated Community - ALL MEMBERS, PLEASE READ!
Vote for Members who contribute the most to your trading, and help us moderate content within the Forums.

Current location        Thread information  
VisualTrader Forums
Users Share Their Success Stories!
Using News To Form A Superior Watchlist
Last Activity 10/21/2016 5:19 PM
455 replies, 52396 viewings

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]

back reply
Printer friendly version

^ Top
TP

Veteran

User Profile

Subject : RE: Using News To Form A Superior Watchlist
Posted : 11/2/2010 2:57 PM
Post #5453 - In reply to #5227

And if you really want to spike your punch you could play the 3X ultras with options!

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/op?s=BGU+Options

[Edited by TP on 11/2/2010 2:58 PM]

^ Top
jimb

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 11/2/2010 5:38 PM
Post #5455 - In reply to #5451

Jeff,

You may want to do a search for market internals in other Nirvana forums. Some other members have posted professional quality info about the market internals.

Another link of likely interest is at http://www.shadowtrader.net/videos/MI_1_final.html - it is part 1, of 2 on market internals. If you have trouble finding part 2, just let me know.

You may find a good bit of useful day trading info at the above link. A free daily streaming dialogue is also provided. We make lots more money than the free calls offered, but you might find sampling it of interest.

You are ahead of the game by selecting VT as your trading platform. It is much easier to learn than some other trading platforms, and in my biased opinion, provides a better view of market activity, thus allowing better trades.

Regards,

Jim B.
^ Top
jimb

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 11/2/2010 8:43 PM
Post #5456 - In reply to #5451

Jeff,

Hopefully the market internals will assist in aiding your time management between index futures trading, and trading the open in volatile stocks. Several trading buddies (and me too) use TOS for market internals. They are fine in VT, but why use up its valuable resources. A TOS demo account is easy to obtain and no hassle. I also just use a dedicated monitor always showing market internals. This allows not missing very strong market moves which require next to no active trade management, while major focus is on volatile stocks. I am a day trader that favors having a monitor farm where information is always available, and can be seen with just a quick glance.

Another video that might be of interest to you is http://www.shadowtrader.net/videos/sunday050607st.html .

While it is fairly basic for an experienced gap trader, it has some excellent items brought out. One is that gap stocks are usually best traded in the direction of the gap. As you may know, indexes fade the gaps much more often than stocks. The profit targets mentioned are most often too conservative for earnings stocks that gap. After you start trading sufficient size (when comfortable with these plays), one option is to scale out of your trades at different profit levels – some traders use thirds or halves. It is something to “fine tune” in the future.

Regards,

Jim B.

^ Top
THELGET

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 11/3/2010 9:46 AM
Post #5457 - In reply to #5455

Jeff:

Jim B. requested I post the market internals I follow. Since a picture is worth a thousand words here are the internals on 1-minute charts that I use in VT:

The tickers are in the upper left corner of the charts. Some will not be recognized when you enter them in your symbol list. Just give them a name and select Index in Type. The Exchange could be NYSE.

Ken Calhoun likes to look at the TRINs as shown below:

You can also create custom templates to display the data as I have.

Hope that helps!

Tom Helget

[Edited by THELGET on 11/3/2010 9:49 AM]

Attached file : MARKET INTERNALS.PNG (59KB - 540 downloads)
Attached file : TRINS.PNG (52KB - 528 downloads)

^ Top
jmishlove

Veteran

User Profile

Posted : 11/3/2010 10:52 AM
Post #5458 - In reply to #5227

Jim & Tom --

Thank you for this information on market internals. I plan to study it carefully.

And, TP, thanks for the pointer on options. I imagine they could be very profitable, at times. But, the bid-ask spreads seems way to large for me. I am not drawn to trade options.

This morning, at 7:30, I calculated a measure that Michael J. Gutmann, in his book on emini trading, calls Initial Balance. It is simply the range of the first hour's trading. For both TF and ES, it was only about 3 points -- which is extremely small -- leading me to conclude that this would not likely be a good emini trading day.

So, I began to pay attention to the Earnings Map. And, based on the first hour of trading, found several stocks that appear to be in strong uptrends: particularly CNW, AIG, MGM, TAP, JKS & MYGN. Also the following stock were in uptrends followed by consolidation: AOL, MA, JKHY, CQB & EOG.

I wonder, however, what the prospects are for any of these symbols after their initial first-hour move -- especially since the market internals today seem very tepid to me. I guess, for now, what I will do is see how these stocks have done at the end of the trading day. (Also, I am still planning to review the chat excerpts previously posted by Jim.)

I'm starting to focus a lot now on how to place protective stops. I've just downloaded the integrated brokerage package from Nirvana and am interested in linking VT directly to IB. I like the idea of using stops based on ATR. And, I noticed that Van Tharp's book reports a study in which 3 x ATR seems like an optimal protective stop.

At the moment I'm debating with myself as to whether stops should be based on ATR or, following Martin Pring's guidance, on lines of support and resistance. And, of course, there is also the interesting issue of how protective stops can be tightened as the trade progresses.

So, I would be very interested in learning from others who use the trade plan setups with VT.

Jeff
^ Top
jmishlove

Veteran

User Profile

Posted : 11/3/2010 12:14 PM
Post #5459 - In reply to #5227

Jim,

I have carefully reviewed the chat excerpt (just one, I discovered) that you posted -- including viewing all of the charts mentioned (at least those that were in the Earnings Map).

It seems to me that the primary focus was finding stocks that gapped in the premarket and then trading the fill during the first hour.

Occasionally some of those stocks continued to move in the direction of the gap before turning around. And some made dramatic reversals once the gap had filled.

Trading gaps is a specialized area that I have paid little attention to at this point (since I have really not been much of an intraday trader). But, I can see that there were some fine opportunities on Nov 1.

One of my motives for trading the eminis, rather than stocks, is that I have just set up a Roth IRA account that I had thought to use as my main trading account. And, to my knowledge, I cannot short stocks (but can short futures) from within that account. I like the idea of tax-free earnings from trading. That said, however, there is no reason I cannot open a regular trading account for stocks.

I am particularly interested, Jim, in your comment that "most of us are very good at catching reversals, and fairly often play the same stock two or three times in the first hour to hour and a half." I hope to be able to learn some of your techniques for catching reversals.

Jeff
^ Top
jmishlove

Veteran

User Profile

Posted : 11/3/2010 1:35 PM
Post #5460 - In reply to #5457

Tom,

I have been reviewing the market internal data images that you posted. I am especially interested in this because I think it would be best if I could implement market internals within VT.

I do have a TOS account, so I can replicate the system that Jim recommended from ShadowTrader.net. Or, I could get some of this data from IB. But, it seems like an unnecessary strain on my system to have two or three, real-time data feeds coming in at once. Ideally, I'd like to see everything within VT.

However, I cannot find the following symbols in OmniData (I seem to recall from earlier posts that you are using a different data provider): $@JTNT, $TRIN (I did find $ARMSIXN, but no data is coming through), $JVNT (I did find $VOLDECN and $VOLADVN, but, again, no data is coming through). So, within VT/OmniData, I was only able to create a chart for $VIX.

What are your thoughts with regard to real-time data providers?

Jeff
^ Top
jimb

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 11/3/2010 2:16 PM
Post #5461 - In reply to #5459

Jeff,

If you need anything else, just let me, and the forum community, know. We most all want to assist our fellow traders.

Tom’s market internals were posted so that you could use them before having to open a TOS demo account (saw that you have a TOS account in re-reading your posts, but prefer to keep everything in VT), which is something you may not want to do at this time. Besides, perhaps you are not into subsidizing monitor manufacturers as much as I am. We all trade differently.

As a reminder, do not let the market internals preclude you from trading high volatility stocks at the open. These stocks were previously mentioned as being on their own page, meaning their movement is not correlated to the market’s movement. Sometimes stocks can be on their own page for months. But for day trades of high volatility stocks, it is prudent to check to verify they are still on their own page after the first hour or two after market open. They usually are, but it just makes sense to verify it when things have slowed down.

Hope you liked the gap play video(s). When I started these early morning trades, I limited my open positions to only four. Now, years later, I do more than four at a time with no problem. However, I was already a fairly experienced trader when these plays were started. This is mentioned because in the gap video it is mentioned that you can only trades one of these plays at a time, which might be a good starting point for someone new to these plays. But do not think that will be your limit for an extremely long time.

I mainly use candles, fibs, and chart patterns to spot intraday reversals (EDIT- volume, a very important reversal indicator was inadvertently left out of the original post). I usually know pretty close to where the reversal will be with enough lead time that it is a relaxed change in the position direction. And several others who have been playing these trades for more than a year do likewise. One example of a chart pattern used is a basic 123 (or 1-2-3) play. As these intraday plays near their first profit target, it is time to assess the likelihood that they will reverse. In chat we often will post that ABC is nearing its first profit target as a flag to others that if they have time, they may want to watch in unfold. Please recall that (hopefully I informed you) that posting in chat has much less of a priority than trading our individual positions – this is by Group agreement. So sometimes at the open, perhaps 10%-50% of trade information makes its way into our chat. Chart patterns also refers to the one year daily chart and five day 60 min chart look backs, during which support an resistance are identified. Also as in the video, a gap into resistance or support makes a great point to determine continuation or reversal, with reversal being more likely if price is very near the resistance or support. Also treat the post and pre market resistance and support the same as that for normal market hours.

Which data feeds are you using? Some time back eSignal, which had given excellent service for a decade (or more) started having deficient pre market data. DTN and the Nirvana RT data feed were both far superior. Also, some pre market data does not have fully formed patterns. But you should be seeing at least some that are almost picture perfect – a couple of old non-cherry picked examples are attached, Please recall that market open is at 0830 on the charts because I live in the CDT time zone..

By the way, I much prefer to trade in the direction of the gap because these are often big runners. But I like lots of trade action, and trade less than perfect setups – been doing it long enough that it is fairly easy to get decent profits out of these less than perfect setups. Additionally, stocks that fill the gap usually continue in the direction that filled the gap, sometimes after a shallow pull back in the opposite direction..

Just FYI, based on one of your comments (questions) some time ago, the biggest map I have run in VT was 1,000 symbols, and it function very well. And this was on an old 2004 vintage computer. Our Group maps are normally restricted to the Nirvana recommended 500 symbols.

Enough for now.

Regards,

Jim B.

[Edited by jimb on 11/4/2010 7:18 AM]

Attached file : 090309 MRK AMC with comments.pdf (529KB - 305 downloads)
Attached file : 080710 FCSX 5 min chart pre mkt view.pdf (38KB - 321 downloads)
Attached file : 080710 FCSX 2 min chart mainly showing convergence of pre mkt indicators.pdf (50KB - 294 downloads)

^ Top
jmishlove

Veteran

User Profile

Posted : 11/3/2010 3:15 PM
Post #5462 - In reply to #5227

Jim,

Once again, thank you for all of this useful information. I'm almost overloaded with it all, but I seem to be managing (by taking time away from paper-trading -- which is just fine for me at this early stage of my day-trading venture). I have now finished the third ShadowTrader.net video on trading the gaps using 5 and 15 minute bars. Very interesting and clear. I like these videos.

In the MRK chart you posted, you make reference to a TRB3 signal. I have TLB3, but I am not familiar with TRB3. (Perhaps, it's part of the T3 suite that I do not presently own.) Would you explain that signal for me?

The FCSX chart is fascinating. It appears that it lost 50% of its value in one day. I tried to find the chart on finance.yahoo.com to get a better picture. But, the symbol apparently no longer exists and the old data was not available.

Jeff
^ Top
THELGET

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 11/3/2010 4:50 PM
Post #5463 - In reply to #5460

Jeff:

As I stated in my post the symbols you mentioned are not standard OmniData Real-Time symbols. Nonetheless you can create them to display within VT by entering the symbol, and when the dialog box comes up, provide a name, select "Index" and then choose an Exchange (usuallly NYSE):

Barry Cohen has posted a list of the index and market breadth symbols that are available for OD RT here:

http://www.omnitrader.com/currentclients/OTForum/thread-view.asp?threadid=4386

There is also an index list here:

http://nirvanasystems.com/oti/software/omnitrader/odindexes.asp

If you are looking for some courses on Market Internals you might want to start with Greg Capra's introductory Pristine courses listed here:

http://www.pristine.com/Education/DvdsBooks.aspx

All the screen shots in the thread above are from VT using OmniData Real-Time which is what I would recommend for both cost and value. And, yes, I have used both eSignal and DTN IQFeed, but Omni-Data Real-Time is the best value to my mind currently.

Tom Helget

[Edited by THELGET on 11/3/2010 5:12 PM]

Attached file : ENTERING A NON-EXISTANT SYMBOL.PNG (53KB - 496 downloads)
Attached file : MARKET INTERNALS COURSES.png (104KB - 495 downloads)

^ Top
jmishlove

Veteran

User Profile

Posted : 11/3/2010 5:27 PM
Post #5464 - In reply to #5227

Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to explain this to me very clearly. Obviously, both you and Jim place great emphasis on the importance of market internals. I will endeavor to set up these symbols in VT today.

Actually, my initial attraction to VT was because it struck me that the cylinders were providing a beautiful set of market internal pictures -- and that this would be valuable for trading the e-minis.

I gather, however, that you do not really use VT this way. Perhaps the other charts you prefer are simply more succinct. Am I missing something?

Jeff

^ Top
THELGET

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 11/3/2010 5:46 PM
Post #5465 - In reply to #5464

Jeff:

No, I don't think so.

I am purely a stock trader, but I can see how you might apply the "overall" picture to trading the e-minis.

And, I know that at least early in the morning trading (within the first hour or so) many stocks are "on their own page". But I have found it best not to try and fight the overall market.

Tom Helget
^ Top
jimb

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 11/4/2010 7:13 AM
Post #5466 - In reply to #5462

Jeff,

Please look at the following symbols to see if you had pre (and post market data from the say before in some cases) market data for them yesterday: AET BP EOG ERTS GRMN HCP HIG PDE RIG TWX WYNN. If you have more than one RT data feeds, compare what is seen between them. The listed symbols all had at least some degree of pre market data yesterday. This is intended as a test to verify that you are receiving and displaying the extended hours data OK.

I label my files by year, month, and day because this automatically arranges them in chronological order, So today is 101104 (November, 4, 2010). The reason I provided you old examples in yesterday’s post was that I am short on extra time this week, and did want to provide you with a timely answer. The information is still fully applicable. BTW (By The Way), when developing the earnings maps it is absolutely amazing how many symbols have become invalid – a sign of the tough times apparently.

I found it hard to believe that I had left volume out of the things that predict a reversal in yesterday’s post. I’ll edit that post because volume is one of the most important items.

In an earlier post when the market internals were referenced as assisting in time management between trading the ES and volatile stocks, my vision was the internals would be showing whether it was appropriate to trade the ES, which it usually is not. And then you could focus on the volatile stocks that normally do not correlate with market moves, and do not have to be aligned with the internals for trading. Sorry I was not explicit. If you were watching the internals yesterday, how did you like how they correlated with market moves after the FOMC report? You might want to consider setting an audio alarm on an internal to alert you to such moves. I would set it on the “battle-ship” (reference the video) internal, but you may decide differently. I only want to be bothered by big moves.

The list of Economic Reports listed each day in Group chat (like the FOMC was yesterday) are so that we can take a look at the reaction to the report in market behavior at the time of release.

I may not post anything in the forum for a few days because of a busy schedule. Good luck in assimilation of the bunch of information you are going through.

Good luck.

EDIT - Added pre market info for today 101104 (hope this proves useful) -
Thursday, Nov 4, 2010, good morning
Economic Reports
12:00am USD US - Chain Store Sales
12:00am USD US - Monster Employment Index
8:30am USD US - Jobless Claims
8:30am USD US - Productivity and Costs
10:30am USD US - EIA Natural Gas Report
4:30pm USD US - Money Supply
[7:45:03 AM] Gap Stks - APOL AUY BBL BP CHK GOLD KGC QCOM RIG WFMI WYNN

Gap adds - X POT

Regards,

Jim B.

[Edited by jimb on 11/4/2010 8:29 AM]

^ Top
jmishlove

Veteran

User Profile

Posted : 11/4/2010 9:38 AM
Post #5467 - In reply to #5227

Jim,

I checked each of those stocks in VT and, yes, I was able to see pre-market data for all of them. So, my challenge is to better understand how to interpret this data.

I like your system for labelling files using the year first. I have been doing exactly the same myself for a long time -- especially with my trading journal.

I am interested in anything you may wish to post about the role of volume in determining the time and place of reversals.

When you state your opinion that the market internals do not support emini trading most of the time, could you be more explicit?

Thanks,
Jeff
^ Top
jimb

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 11/4/2010 10:13 AM
Post #5468 - In reply to #5227

Jeff,

Attached are two good plays from this mornings gap list for your review.

What I was trying to say concerning market internals was that they usually show that a trader should not be trading the ES. Using them is a big plus when trading the ES.

Look at the RIG candle at the end of its run down, and the volume associated with it. This volume helps show that the candle is exhaustive - I called this in chat shortly after the candle had closed, thus making it easy to capture most of the profit from the move down, and enter early in the move up. Hope this serves as an adequate example for you to look for similar situations in your analysis. Like all things in trading, it is not 100% accurate. But with practice, you will find that you can see such reversals almost 100% of the time. This minor thing changes your stress level a bunch - you are more in control. Perhaps more important is its contribution to your trading account.

I will now start my few day break from posting - good luck in your endeavors.

Regards,

Jim B.

[Edited by jimb on 11/4/2010 10:16 AM]

Attached file : 101104 APOL 2 min chart.pdf (565KB - 262 downloads)
Attached file : 101104 RIG 2 min chart.pdf (618KB - 263 downloads)

^ Top
jimb

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 11/5/2010 7:51 AM
Post #5470 - In reply to #5467

Jeff,

I am trading this morning and thought you might be interested in what looks interesting so far in the pre market activity.

Friday, Nov 5, 2010, good morning
Economic Reports
12:00am USD US - Pending Home Sales Index
8:30am USD US - Employment Situation
3:00pm USD US - Consumer Credit

Notes:
9:30am FOMC Member Hoenig Speaks
1:20pm FOMC Member Bullard Speaks
2:00pm Fed Chairman Bernanke Speaks

Gap stks - AIG ATVI CF CROX DXCM JAZZ KFT SBUX SOL SYMC

Foreign Market
Asia - up
Europe - Down

Domestic Markets - up

Will likely not update prior to market open.

Regards,

Jim B.
^ Top
jmishlove

Veteran

User Profile

Posted : 11/5/2010 11:57 AM
Post #5471 - In reply to #5464

Tom,

Thank you for recommending the Greg Capra DVD set on Market Internals. I have ordered them. (I found a great deal on EBay, both DVDs for a total of $79.00.)

Jeff
^ Top
jmishlove

Veteran

User Profile

Posted : 11/5/2010 12:02 PM
Post #5472 - In reply to #5227

Yesterday, I got my VT system working smoothly, using the integrated brokerage package with Interactive Brokers. However, today has been nothing but trouble. VT mysteriously vanished from my desktop three times -- without any error messages. And, it froze up a couple of times as well.

Thad in technical support believes that the problem is my old computer (perhaps combined with new code that is now in the pre-release 3G).

So, it seems as if I am going to have to purchase a new computer system -- if I want to continue my day-trading aspirations with VT. I'm debating whether or not I should get a high-powered laptop so that I can use it while traveling. Also thinking about a large screen system so I can use the market internals window from TOS or other sources. (Right now, it seems rather cumbersome to switch back and forth between different Maps in VT.)

Anyhow, I'd like to solicit hardware recommendations from others on this forum using VT for trading.

Jeff

^ Top
THELGET

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 11/5/2010 4:34 PM
Post #5473 - In reply to #5471

Jeff:

Glad to hear that you were able to better Pristine's "deal". As a matter of fact, I belive Pristine had a sale on all of Mr. Capra's CD's for maybe $99 a while back and I was a bit surprised to see the prices back up when I made my post. My intent was just to provide you with a source of starter information.

Tom Helget
^ Top
jimb

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 11/7/2010 2:35 PM
Post #5474 - In reply to #5471

Jeff,

Suggest you use something like Spotmau’s PowerSuite 2010 on your existing computer before declaring it unable to run RT VT.

Spotmau’s price is about $100, but it is almost always on sale for 50% off. Also suggest that you purchase it on CD for an extra $4.95. The product comes with a 30-day money back guarantee, so you have almost nothing to lose. You can optimize your computer today with the downloaded copy of the utility. It comes with a license for use on up to three computers. See http://www.spotmau.com/products/package/full.htm .

As you may know, if registry problems are found during the Spotmau scan of your computer, select the prompt to back up the registry before selecting fix them.

System Mechanic is also reported to be very good at optimizing PCs. But I have no personal experience with it.

Another suggestion is to not use your trading computer for surfing the web, or receiving email. In today’s times, it just is not worth the risk of acquiring an insidious virus on your trading computer. Also, even the relatively benign junk from surfing that collects needs to be cleaned out more often to prevent performance degradation.

I will also gladly share what my computer purchases have been, all of which have run RT VT with no problems. I have purchased fairly high end desktops and game machines. My 2004 3.2 GHz P4 machine with 3 GB of RAM ran the 1,000 symbol VT map with no problems. But its processor was constantly at a very high utilization rate. The same map also ran well on my 2008 game computer, but resources were not taxed at all. The same map also ran well on my 2009 (975) i7 computer, and really just loafed along – seems like processor utilization was around 13%, but that may have been when OT pro was also being run on the same machine.

Or you can do your own research at a number of excellent web sites like Computer Shopper. See http://computershopper.com/ .

Regards,

Jim B.

[Edited by jimb on 12/10/2010 5:39 PM]

^ Top
jimb

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 11/7/2010 2:47 PM
Post #5475 - In reply to #5467

Jeff,

Attached are the earnings maps for next week. The filtered map is much smaller, which might make it easier to use as a trainiing aid.

Also you may want to only attempt the plays that setup as described in the previously recommended video, and get really good at executing these before adding different setups and nuances. Trading skill development seems to benefit a good bit by the approach captured in the old saying about eating the elephant one bite at a time.

Regards,

Jim B.

[Edited by jimb on 11/7/2010 2:50 PM]

Attached file : 101108 Earnings Map For Week.vtp (380KB - 231 downloads)
Attached file : 101108 SUB Earnings Map For Week.vtp (368KB - 228 downloads)

^ Top
jmishlove

Veteran

User Profile

Posted : 11/8/2010 12:01 AM
Post #5476 - In reply to #5475

Jim,

Thanks for the new Earnings Map, and also other suggestions regarding hardware, etc.

I did purchase a new, portable Toshiba with much more ram and a faster processor than my old HP Pavilion (with about 1 gig ram and 1 gig speed).

But, to my amazement, Visual Trader has already mysteriously vanished from the desktop already. I was using a Map with 604 symbols and five different timeframes. Perhaps that was too much. I don't know.

Perhaps, the instability may have to do with some additional code that was put into the Pre-Release 3G that I downloaded recently. When I spoke to Thad, of Nirvana Tech Support on Friday, the same thing happened while he was remotely controlling my old computer. He said, then, that he had never seen this happen before.

But, now, it has occurred to me on two different machines.

Jeff
^ Top
THELGET

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 11/8/2010 7:43 AM
Post #5477 - In reply to #5476

Jeff:

500 symbols per map is the limit with DTN IQFeed and OmniData Real-Time unless you are using eSignal.

Tom Helget
^ Top
jimb

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 11/8/2010 8:12 AM
Post #5478 - In reply to #5476

Jeff,

If you get your computer working, here is some pre market info:

Monday, November 8, 2010
Economic Reports
None

Notes:
11:30am FOMC Member Bullard Speaks
3:30pm FOMC Member Warsh Speaks

Gap stks - ATPG BBL JDSU RIO SIGA SLW YHOO
SUB gap stks - SOLF
Be back for open - good luck

Foreign Markets
Asia - mixed
Europe - down

Regards,

Jim B.

^ Top
jimb

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 11/8/2010 8:21 AM
Post #5479 - In reply to #5476

Jeff,

Tom is correct about eSignal providing 1,000 symbols.

But my DTN subscription is supposedly 1,300 symbols - never have tried that many. So he and I have different DTN experience.

Suggest that you get something of about 250-350 symbols working correctly before trying bigger maps.

Just FYI - I most likely do not update often enough. But there is just too much money to be made at the open to have computer glitches. And yes, there are few, but ....

You may have noticed that my recent screen shots were with VT 5. And yes, I own VT 7.

Edit 5 minutes before mkt open - Gap stk adds - LDK WCRX

Regards,

Jim B.

[Edited by jimb on 11/8/2010 8:26 AM]

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
back reply

Legend    Action      Notification  
Administrator
Forum Moderator
Unregistered User
E-Mail this thread to a friend
(un)/Freeze thread |
Toggle e-mail notification

Nirvana Systems
For any problems or issues please contact our Webmaster at webmaster@nirvsys.com.