VisualTrader Forum VisualTrader Forum
forums calendars search
today this week

register logon control panel Forum Rules
You are currently browsing as a guest.
You should logon to access more features
A Self-Moderated Community - ALL MEMBERS, PLEASE READ!
Vote for Members who contribute the most to your trading, and help us moderate content within the Forums.

Current location        Thread information  
VisualTrader Forums
Feature Requests & Discussion
Throttle Selection Process
Last Activity 7/16/2019 1:13 PM
1 replies, 102 viewings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

back reply
Printer friendly version

^ Top
John J

Regular

User Profile

Subject : Throttle Selection Process
Posted : 7/13/2019 11:01 PM
Post #13322

One brilliant feature of the Trade Throttle is that one can leave the 'Allow Signal' and 'Requirements' sections unchecked, meaning that trades will be generated from the sort order in the Opportunity List only. The problem with this is that whenever the 'Direction' checkbox is checked, only Long trades will go through (depending on the size of the list obviously) due to the fact that the 'Above' list gets first dibs. This is no good if one happens to be autotrading in RT, and at the same time wants the ratio of Longs/Shorts to be selected dynamically.

What I'm proposing here is that whenever the 'Direction' checkbox is checked in this scenario, the Leading Indicator (top right corner of VT) should govern the ratio of Longs/Shorts dynamically. I leave it up to you how you want go about to slicing up the 180 degree "cake".? Anyhow, I hope this suggestion makes it into version 12..!!

[Edited by John J on 7/14/2019 3:45 PM]

Attached file : Capture.JPG (82KB - 91 downloads)

^ Top
John J

Regular

User Profile

Subject : RE: Throttle Selection Process
Posted : 7/16/2019 1:13 PM
Post #13325 - In reply to #13322

Just want to add to this that (as far as I know) the Leading Indicator is just a Visual tool? At least I haven't found a way to access it problematically. I think this needs to change because the market states are all based on lagging indicators. Why rely on that for autotrading when VT has a leading indicator built inn..??

[Edited by John J on 7/16/2019 1:15 PM]

Attached file : Capture.JPG (163KB - 61 downloads)

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
back reply

Legend    Action      Notification  
Administrator
Forum Moderator
Unregistered User
E-Mail this thread to a friend
(un)/Freeze thread |
Toggle e-mail notification

Nirvana Systems
For any problems or issues please contact our Webmaster at webmaster@nirvsys.com.