VisualTrader Forum VisualTrader Forum
forums calendars search
today this week

register logon control panel Forum Rules
You are currently browsing as a guest.
You should logon to access more features
A Self-Moderated Community - ALL MEMBERS, PLEASE READ!
Vote for Members who contribute the most to your trading, and help us moderate content within the Forums.

Current location        Thread information  
VisualTrader Forums
Feature Requests & Discussion
New Version
Last Activity 5/30/2017 7:17 PM
36 replies, 5192 viewings

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

back reply
Printer friendly version

^ Top
Ken Holmes

User Profile

Subject : New Version
Posted : 3/19/2007 2:02 PM
Post #1483

During the development phase of the VT upgrade several enhancements were requested by the Beta Testers. While some were implemented a lot were not. Does anyone know if and when the requests listed below will become a part of a future release of VT?

1- Allow the user to Import more than 500 symbols from an Omni Scan list.
2- A feature that shows the price updating process as it is taking place for those using 20 minute delayed data (currently it is hard to tell if it is working or not).
3- We need a way to program VT to start up and stop at a user specified times.
4- A Group Trader plug in would be a very nice enhancement to VT.
5- Ability to view percent change statistics in the Opportunity List.
6- Wee need the ability to move the Opportunities (Focus) List to a second monitor (in the extended video mode) so that the map offers more “real estate” for plate placement, and better viewing, which does aid prospecting for opportunities, especially in RT VT. Ideally moving all panes off the map to a second monitor (or moving the map to a second monitor) would be best. But moving the Opportunities List would be a big improvement. And yes, the option of toggling the list on and off has been used, but having it displayed all of the time does help in trading. This change would be especially beneficial to RT VT users using big maps.
7- When populating a new list with one of the S & P lists it just puts the stocks on plates without regard for what Sector the individuals stock is a member of. This needs to be corrected.
8- We need a do you really want to close VT pop up window w/button with an option to activate it or not.
9- In the Opportunity List in Groups mode want to be able to expand to view individual symbols...its more efficient than searching Map/cylinders or trying to find in Both mode....very inefficient.
10- It would be very helpful to be able to see which strategy is firing the signal when multiple strategies are being used much like with Omnitrader.

Thanks,

Ken H.

[Edited by Ken Holmes on 3/21/2007 12:39 AM]

^ Top
Barry Cohen

Icon

User Profile

Subject : RE: New Version
Posted : 3/23/2007 2:36 PM
Post #1508 - In reply to #1483

1. As far as I know you still can, but just be careful cause your processing power of your machine can take a severe hit if you add too many symbols in a single map.
2. This would be a really nice feature request.
3. Eventually OmniPilot's features will likely be incorporated to VT, but I don't have any details on when. OmniPilot currently allows you to do this & more to OmniTrader.
4. This is a very popular request & our developers would like to add GT's functionality.
5. Another popular request.
6. Multiple monitor support will definitely be something added later.
7. I believe this should be working. I added the SP100 list to a new map & it separated the symbols by group just fine.
8. This is the first I've heard of it. I don't see why something like this is needed which is likely development's view as well.
9. I agree, good request.
10. I also agree, but likely won't happen any time soon since it would require major changes.

There will be another upgrade to VisualTrader some time later & once that is in the works they will decide what enhancements to include in it.
^ Top
Ken Holmes

User Profile

Posted : 3/23/2007 3:13 PM
Post #1509 - In reply to #1483

Thanks, that soungs good. Do you know if Nirvana is going to attempt to try testing/offering a real time data service again?

Ken
^ Top
Barry Cohen

Icon

User Profile

Posted : 3/23/2007 3:41 PM
Post #1510 - In reply to #1509

I know that is something that is planned, definitely. It is only a matter of time, but it could be months or even a year or two before we see it. I know DTN's IQ feed will be available in VT very soon & futures are going to be added into our data service sometime in the near future.
^ Top
jimb

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 3/28/2007 11:07 AM
Post #1526 - In reply to #1510

Barry,
Could you give us an update of "very soon" for the DTN IQ feed for VT?

Thanks
^ Top
Barry Cohen

Icon

User Profile

Posted : 3/28/2007 1:59 PM
Post #1527 - In reply to #1526

I would have to say a few weeks. Getting VT3 ready for Vista is a higher priority right now, but it looks like that is almost finished.
^ Top
TY

New User

User Profile

Posted : 5/19/2007 11:11 PM
Post #1603 - In reply to #1483

WHY DOSN'T VT REAL TIME DISPLAY PREMARKET AND EXTENDED MARKET DATA
^ Top
jimb

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 5/20/2007 8:56 PM
Post #1604 - In reply to #1603

TY,

In summary, this is mainly a sharing of my lack of knowledge.

Some time ago I tried using pre and post market data in RT VT, and was not satisfied with the results. This is one of a number of things that are to be gotten back to, but having the data available in several of my other trading tools has made it a lower priority item. But perhaps your post will get a better answer than what I earlier uncovered, and it will benefit us, and all others interested in this capability.

Getting the pre and post market data simply involved re-setting the market times using the edit exchange information function. That is, changing the normal (market open) EDT times from 9:30 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. to 7:00A.M. to 6:00 P.M. (or otherwise as you so decide). “The fly in the ointment” for me was charts displayed after this change had gaps in them that I personally did not want to tolerate. Hopefully someone with more RT VT knowledge will know how to better implement the solution so that the charts are not distracting. If not, I now have no projected schedule for again investigating this matter.

Good luck.

Regards,

Jim B.

^ Top
jimb

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 5/24/2007 6:09 PM
Post #1607 - In reply to #1603

TY,

A question follows for you (and anyone else who has tried using RT VT pre & post market (hours) data). Would the solution offered above meet your needs if an ability to toggle the pre and post market data off and on was added to RT VT?

Although I did not intend/plan to, I again tried changing the market hours so that pre & post market data were available, and my initial impression is favorable if it could be toggled off and on. I normally play the first half to one hour after market open with excellent success using my combination of a number of trading tools, but one of my goals is to eventually simplify my trading configuration, and to also put more requirements on RT VT because I love its method for presenting such a large amount of data.

I have not yet spoken with Nirvana Tech Support about this issue, and would appreciate it if they would either post a confirmation that no other solution is available, or else note a better solution (than changing market hours open).

Hope we get some feedback on this matter that you started with your post, TY. Thank you for making this an issue.

Regards,

Jim B.

EDIT: This weekend I'll post some examples that demonstrate the value of having pre & post market data so that folks who have not yet used it in their trading can gain an insight into its usefulness. Essentially it usually increases the probability of successful trades for that entire day, not just the first half to one hour of the market being open. Also, it makes profitable trading the first hour of market open just so much easier than starting essentially blind at 8:30 A.M. at the market open.

[Edited by jimb on 5/25/2007 8:48 AM]

^ Top
jimb

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 5/26/2007 6:33 PM
Post #1608 - In reply to #1607

Benefits of extended hours market data.

Reference the several related previous posts directly above.

This is an incomplete description that likely only touches on a small number of extended hours benefits. But hopefully it is enough to provide those not familiar with using extended hours data an insight into its utility, and aid in them determining if it is something for them to add to their trading skill set. TY’s original post above was likely driven by him recognizing that RT VT already had many features to greatly aid effective use of extended hour’s data. It is hoped that TY, and other traders using extended hours data, add their posts in this area so that the rest of us can benefit from their information sharing.

Many successful traders make lots of money without using extended hours data. But its use can allow more money to be made in a shorter time, and gives a trader access to more complete information that results in trading on a more informed basis (essentially, more informed decision making).

Attached are five files that are RT VT stock charts. CLRK is an example of a stock that had almost no extended hour trading and its purpose is to demonstrate how having extended hour data selected by adjusting exchange open times within the current version of RT VT causes distracting holes in charts. The four other charts are of two stocks that had extended hours activity (between market close on Thursday, May 24, 2007 and market open on Friday, May 25, 2007) whose use allowed a knowledgeable trader to correctly enter positions within the first five minutes after market open, and also facilitated trade management where more of the move’s profit would have been captured.

Although it is hard for most everyone to not let knowing what happened enter into aiding you in conducting an objective trade analysis, suggest that you open each of the two stock’s (VRGY & NYX) regular hours charts and cover the right side (all day Friday) and go bar-by-bar to assessing how you would play/trade the set up. Next, suggested is opening the two charts with extended hours information included, and doing the same thing. Hopefully this will allow you to at least somewhat assess the impact on your thinking by having the extra extended hour’s information available. I started out with intentions of writing a narrative of how I trade these set-up and added a few marks and annotations, which hopefully are not too distracting.

Some other forum members most likely know more than me in using extended hours data, and my feelings will not be hurt if any critiques or disagreements are posted, either here in public or via private email.

Hope this post proves of benefit to at least a few forum members.

Regards,

Jim B.

Note: For the test, the NASDAQ & NYSE hours of operation were changed to closing at 6PM on Thursday (versus normal 4:30 P.M.), and opening at 7AM on Friday (versus normal 9:30 A.M.).

EDIT: Please note that my charts are displayed in Central Daylight Time (CDT), hence one hour different than market time in EDT.

Just FYI: WRGY was already in my RT VT map, and its pre-market activity was easily seen. NYX was added to the RT VT map because it was identified in pre-market scans of the U.S. listed stocks ($5-150, volume > 400,000 shares/day). NYX was identified as having gapped up above its previous day’s high, and also as showing usually high volume. I normally perform pre-market scans starting at about 1&1/2 hours prior to market open.

[Edited by jimb on 5/27/2007 3:58 PM]

Attached file : vrgy big chart w extended hours.pdf (29KB - 460 downloads)
Attached file : CLRK example of hole in chart w extended hours.pdf (26KB - 394 downloads)
Attached file : vrgy big chart w reg mkt hours.pdf (25KB - 381 downloads)
Attached file : nyx big chart w extended hours.pdf (55KB - 362 downloads)
Attached file : nyx big chart w reg mkt hours.pdf (28KB - 348 downloads)

^ Top
Gary Rickle

New User

User Profile

Posted : 5/27/2007 6:16 AM
Post #1609 - In reply to #1608

Jim,
Thanks for sharing your information and charts.

You said " I started out with intentions of writing a narrative of how I trade these set-up".

I would be interested in learning how you use this information, do you still plan on posting your narrative?

G
^ Top
jimb

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 5/27/2007 4:35 PM
Post #1610 - In reply to #1609

Gary,

No problem with providing the additional info, but it will be next week.

This being a holiday weekend, I only logged into the forum long enough today to post an edit about market hours on my charts being in CDT (instead of EDT). Although it was probably obvious, it should have been stated in the original post.

I actively seek out plays like WRGY and NYX because they provide an opportunity to catch big daily moves, are very safe, and are normally “on their own page” where market activity does not impact them much.

Months ago I tried these plays both with and without RT VT (but with VT set to normal market hours), and using RT VT about doubled my daily average profit for these types of plays. Plus I caught additional plays developing in VT that were missed when my focus was on other trading tools. After Friday’s test, I’ll likely set all of my exchanges to the test times given above, and just put up with distracting holes in chart data until Nirvana tells us a better way to implement use of extended hour’s market data. Friday morning was not as active as many other market days, and the plays jumping out of RT VT during the pre-market activity were kind of awesome. Of course, a one day test is insufficient for which to make long range plans. But it definitely revealed it being worthwhile to further test – sure glad TY’s post got me back to this matter sooner than planned. Little things can make such a big difference in trading profits.

For yourself (and anyone else who might be interested), you may want to consider making a map (or adding to a current map) stocks that includes things like stocks that have gapped, had news driven events (earnings, upgrades/downgrades, and were the biggest movers for a previous day (and the reason may not yet be obvious)). Then adjust your exchange times in VT to include desire extended hours data, and run replay a few time to get a feel for if these plays/trades are of further interest to you.

Just FYI, I usually trade these plays with 1,000 share lot sizes, and probably should increase it.

One word of caution is that one needs to be mentally sharp during these plays. My ability was drastically (negatively) affected by some prescription medications.

Again, I will provide additional info that you requested, but it will be next week. It will likely just confirm how some others would play these set-ups.

Regards,

Jim B.

[Edited by jimb on 5/27/2007 4:49 PM]

^ Top
jimb

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 5/28/2007 8:50 PM
Post #1611 - In reply to #1609

Gary,

Per your request, please see the attached for a brief description of how I play these set-ups using pre and post market data. As stated in the attached, hopefully this will help at least a few forum members (including you) decide whether to delve into using extended market data. I personally did not use it for a number of years, and wish its utility had been made known to me earlier in my trading experience.

Regards,

Jim B.

EDIT: There were ten downloads before Rev A of the attachment was posted. If you were one of these ten folks, you may want to either download the new Rev A document or else open it and note the two corrections for annotation to the document previously downloaded. Track changes is turned on in the Rev A document.

[Edited by jimb on 5/29/2007 5:20 AM]

Attached file : 070529 NYX & VRGY Early Market Plays Description Rev A.doc (284KB - 639 downloads)

^ Top

This accout has been deleted

Posted : 5/28/2007 9:41 PM
Post #1612 - In reply to #1611

Jim,
What a eye opener. Thanks for such a extensive explanation.
^ Top
jimb

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 5/29/2007 5:27 AM
Post #1613 - In reply to #1612

Scrappy,

De nada on the post – hope info proves useful to you. Please note that Rev A to the post you downloaded corrects a couple of errors.

Regards,

Jim B.

[Edited by jimb on 5/29/2007 9:54 PM]

^ Top
jimb

Elite

User Profile

Subject : Request For Assistance
Posted : 5/30/2007 3:38 PM
Post #1615 - In reply to #1612

To: Nathan Dunham
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 3:29 PM
Subject: Request For Assistance

Nathan,

As we briefly discussed last Friday, I am interested in if there is a better way to get pre- and post- market data displayed in RT VT than how I did it. I got the information displayed by doing an edit to exchange information that changed the market hours to included desired extended market hours (8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. EDT). But this makes distracting holes in most chart's data displayed, and also adds misleading lower and upper shadows/tails extensions on some candlestick bars, including daily bars. There is significant utility for trading some stocks from having the extra information, especially the early morning plays that we have discussed for a number of months. It was just last week while conducting a simple test that I learned how much easier these early trades are when RT VT is the primary tool used.

Please forward this inquiry to the appropriate people. Since Tech Support has been absent from related VT Forum posts on this issue, it is assumed that they are not the proper part of Nirvana for the inquiry. As you know, additional information concerning extended market hours is available in the VT Forum (VT Forums/Feature Requests & Discussion/New Version, starting at post # 1603 (by TY), and currently ending with post # 1613 (by me). I'll likely include this note as a post so that other folks interested in this feature will not also be submitting essentially the same request.

Whatsoever, your assistance in the proper routing of this email will be appreciated.

Regards,

Jim Barrett

^ Top
jimb

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 5/30/2007 10:18 PM
Post #1616 - In reply to #1603

Extended Market Hours As A Prospecting Tool

Just FYI.

See attachment that shows AAPL price action that includes some pre- and post market information. Although it is best to catch a new move on its first day, AAPL may be setting up for another move up tomorrow.

Regards,

Jim B.

EDIT: The bar labeled Lower Shadow Down To Support is the first 5-minute bar of the May 30 trading day. Market hours are 8:30 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. (in the CDT where I live). Funny how errors are apparent shortly after a post.

EDIT # 2: At a little less than two hours after market open on May 31, AAPL is digesting its recent gains via time (a consolidation). The play still looks OK, but I personally prefer the quick moves as shown in earlier examples because a consolidation just ties up capital that should be making money for you. AAPL is demonstrating why on your checklist for these types of plays, recent price and volume history is an important criterion. (It is good to still have an abundant number of buyers and sellers available.) The best, quick moves are usually during the first day of a move. Additionally, the largest intraday move is often during the first hour of market activity. But all of this is likely “old news” to Forum members.

EDIT # 3: It is after market close, and indeed AAPL stayed in a narrow range today. If you played it, hope you were able to capture at least a couple of dollars out of the four primary legs/moves. Sorry you had to work so hard for profits. Going into the play today’s price action was obviously a possibility that perhaps I should have stressed more. If anyone has a question or an observation, please let me know. I am wondering if this running dialogue is appropriate for the Forum. If not, we can always communicate by Forum email. Why don’t we plan to continue more public Forum posts like these until it is determined they are inappropriate.

EDIT # 4: An attachment showing market activity for 5/31/07 is added for historical completeness - making this overall post more useful to future readers.

[Edited by jimb on 6/3/2007 6:22 PM]

Attached file : 070530 AAPL Watch For Tomorrow.pdf (89KB - 391 downloads)
Attached file : 070531 AAPL 5 Min Chart.pdf (37KB - 366 downloads)

^ Top
jimb

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 6/1/2007 10:03 PM
Post #1621 - In reply to #1603

A Last Extended Market Hours Example:

MICC offered several entry points and most anyone would have made a profit of $4-$5 per share in the morning trading today. The “tamer” entry might be better suited to some folks. MICC was in my map, but if it had not been, it also showed up on three different pre-market scans of the previously designated stock universe. Please see attached file.

Another forum member and I were discussing last night how these are some of the safest plays, but many folks shy away from them because of their supposedly high risk. I personally never thought that day trading was ever going to be for me. But the plays are straight forward, much easier to predict than my swing and core trades, and do not tie up as much time as some might think. At first, my day trade preparation started at one and a half hours before market open. Now everything gets done in thirty to forty-five minutes prior to market open, and there is no previous evening preparation required. Most often trades can be completed within an hour or so after market open. If trades are still open after this, one option is to just put a trail stop on them. As mentioned in one of the attached files above, these trades yield consistent profits of thousands of dollars per day, and especially with using RT VT with extended market hours included, are fairly easy. However, like most all trading, they do require some practice for most folks to get really good at them.

I have may have posted too much information on these types of plays, and plan not to post much more, except for some sources and samples of data so that anyone interested in further pursuing these plays, can do so on their own.

Trade well and prosper,

Jim B.

NOTE: Barry Cohen of Nirvana Technical Support did verify that changing the market hours as previously discussed, is the Nirvana preferred way of obtaining extended market hours data within RT VT. Many thanks to Barry for the expert guidance/confirmation.

Attached file : 070601 MICC Example.pdf (80KB - 347 downloads)

^ Top
jimb

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 6/3/2007 6:59 PM
Post #1623 - In reply to #1483

Making more profit with tradable volatility:

Method is applicable to trades in all timeframes.

Do-It-Yourself Information Provided Below:

As mentioned previously, the above running dialogue concerned finding stock plays that offered big, fast profits. So stocks with a larger trading range were preferred. Tradable volatility can be induced by various events in the market. News driven volatility is one example, and a subset of it is price action after earnings are announced. Two links are provided that provide fairly good earnings calendars, and a profile/map that has most stocks announcing earnings next week is also provide to facilitate evaluation of interest by individuals. (NOTE: Stocks were NOT evaluated for trading suitability.) Swing and core trader’s interest in this activity is likely to evaluate the stock’s price action, and determine if a longer term trend has been either verified or started. Day traders are primarily interested in capturing a large part of the intraday move. I personally do both.

Referenced Links: Earnings URLs

http://briefing.com/Investor/Private/Calendars/EarningsCalendar.htm

http://biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/20070604.html

Pre-market scans of the broader stock universe also reveal some tradable volatility. Attached are copies of my scan results last Friday (6/1/07), and a VT profile/map to facilitate evaluation of interest by individuals.

The static profiles within RT VT can offer some superb trading opportunities. Doing a little more work in prospecting for stock’s offering current tradable volatility takes a trader’s profit potential to an entirely new level. Adding these identified volatile stocks to one of your existing maps is the recommended means of implementation so that the best trades from multiple sources are presented for your evaluation.

RT VT’s playback function may significantly aid evaluations.

EDIT: Of course, use of pre- and post- market hours data is also recommended. Having this additional information significantly aids successful trading.

Good luck at evaluating the use of volatility to enhance profits. Hope this information proves of use to a number of Forum members.

Of course it is realized that some Forum members are likely much better than me at these types of trades, and may also have many years of experience. If so, their inputs are solicited so that we can all benefit.

Trade well and prosper,

Jim B.

[Edited by jimb on 6/3/2007 7:36 PM]

Attached file : 070601 pre-market scans.doc (58KB - 485 downloads)
Attached file : 070604 Earnings For Week.vtp (420KB - 287 downloads)
Attached file : 070601 Pre-market active stocks.vtp (484KB - 281 downloads)

^ Top
jimb

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 6/4/2007 12:27 AM
Post #1625 - In reply to #1483

Addendum To Above:

Although we likely trade differently, the below items are shared just FYI:

The pre-market scan’s prospects usually can be fairly quickly narrowed down to 6 - 10 of the best candidates, which are normally further reduced to 2 – 4 preferred candidates by market open. Initially I had a tendency to try and track too many of these prospects/candidates.

In evaluating pre-market prospects, identifying the different support (S1, S2, S3, etc.) and resistance (R1, R2, R3, etc.) areas on both the daily charts with a one year look-back period, and on the 60 minute charts with a five day look-back period proved very useful for making proper selections, and also aided in predicting likely direction and price range of the forthcoming move.

I normally placed all earnings that might impact that trading day’s action into the profile/map. For example, for Tuesday’s trading day, stocks in Monday’s AMC, perhaps some TNS, and Tuesday’s BMO and all TNS were added to the map.

This information is just sharing what worked for me, and hopefully gives a starting point for your trading style development associated with these plays/trades.

Regards,

Jim B.

^ Top
jimb

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 6/5/2007 11:24 AM
Post #1627 - In reply to #1483

New, Neat Capability For RT VT, and
Earning Stocks Not In Season. However, Still Providing Good Profits

All,

As most of you might know, we are definitely not in the earnings (release) season. Earnings season can be equated to fishing in a big, hungry school of fish as far as trading is concerned. With this week’s few earnings announcements, it can be equated to the fish just are not biting. However, even with the few stocks that are reporting earnings After Market Close (AMC) yesterday, Before Market Open today (BMO), and perhaps Time Not Specified (TNS) from yesterday and today, a number of fairly easy plays with a fairly good price range move have occurred. Take a look at earnings stocks provided in the attached VT map to include MIND, AMWD, SIGM, SCHS, NAVI (low priced stock). It is likely that most VT users would have captured the majority of this morning’s move in these stocks, and perhaps a few others. And since these plays are largely independent from the market, this is money that could be made while letting the market decide what it wanted to do after its initial opening drop.

The above symbols are provided so that anyone who did not download the information (VT map) previously provided can at least have a chance to easily review the referenced stock charts.

Also there is some good news about the somewhat distracting, perhaps ugly RT VT charts that result from adding extended market hours. Nirvana is adding a capability to easily switch between regular market hours, and regular market hours plus pre- and post- market data. This is an appreciated change, and again many thanks are offered to Barry Cohen for his efforts in this matter.

Trade well and prosper,

Jim B.

^ Top
Barry Cohen

Icon

User Profile

Posted : 6/5/2007 3:45 PM
Post #1628 - In reply to #1627

Nirvana is adding a capability to easily switch between regular market hours, and regular market hours plus pre- and post- market data. This is an appreciated change, and again many thanks are offered to Barry Cohen for his efforts in this matter.

That's not exactly true, Jimb. To clarify, I had said that an easy way to toggle between regular market hours & extended market hours was a great idea, & that I would submit it as an enhancement request. That does not mean it will be added.

^ Top
jimb

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 6/5/2007 4:08 PM
Post #1629 - In reply to #1628

Barry,

Thank you for the clarification. As you know, my error was totally unintended, and your correction is appreciated.

Again, thank you for your effort in this matter.

Regards,

Jim Barrett
^ Top
jimb

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 6/5/2007 4:11 PM
Post #1630 - In reply to #1483

Today’s Earnings Plays – Samples

The attached charts are offered for your information, and for historical completeness of related posts. Since the file size is small for each chart, a number of them are provided so that various early market setups with post- and pre- market data included facilitates review by anyone with further interest in these plays. There is no plan to include additional posts for the weekly earnings plays. One chart is provided that shows general market action for today.

Please note that as previously mentioned, no review of earnings stocks for trading suitability was performed. I normally make a VT Earning map for the following week, and before each day’s trading during that week make adjustments to the primary trading map by importing/deleting desired Earning map plates. This technique loses some good trades, but it is relative simple as far as data management, and there are most always an abundant number of good trading opportunities being offered.

An just FYI item is that my personal criteria for earning stock plays that has worked very well is price > $2 and average daily volume > 65,000 share. On cheaper stocks, one lot can be up to 5,000 shares. This again is just FYI, each person has to develop trading rules that they are comfortable with.

Trade well and prosper,

Jim B
EDIT: June 7, 2007 - As everyone has likely noticed, this thread has gotten long enough so that the most recent posts are on page 2, as indicated in the lower left corner of the display.

[Edited by jimb on 6/7/2007 11:18 AM]

Attached file : 070605 Market Action Via Futures Surrogates.pdf (42KB - 333 downloads)
Attached file : 070605 SIGM Chart.pdf (42KB - 357 downloads)
Attached file : 070605 SCHS Chart.pdf (40KB - 318 downloads)
Attached file : 070605 NAVI Chart.pdf (33KB - 349 downloads)
Attached file : 070605 MIND Chart.pdf (40KB - 307 downloads)
Attached file : 070605 AMWD Chart.pdf (37KB - 321 downloads)

^ Top
Gary Rickle

New User

User Profile

Posted : 6/6/2007 10:58 AM
Post #1637 - In reply to #1483

Jim,
Wow, thanks so much for all the detailed information. You done good. Sorry it took me a while to get back to your information, so your concern about not being able to respond was not necessary.

You have some really interesting thoughts about using the premarket data. It appears you have been very successful at using that information to make money. Not sure I have your talent to make the correct decisions, but want to follow your ideas for a while and see if I can duplicate.

I do have one more question about how you are doing your scans. Who or what are you using to get the information?

Thanks again for the detailed instructions!!

G
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
back reply

Legend    Action      Notification  
Administrator
Forum Moderator
Unregistered User
E-Mail this thread to a friend
(un)/Freeze thread |
Toggle e-mail notification

Nirvana Systems
For any problems or issues please contact our Webmaster at webmaster@nirvsys.com.