VisualTrader Forum VisualTrader Forum
forums calendars search
today this week

register logon control panel Forum Rules
You are currently browsing as a guest.
You should logon to access more features
A Self-Moderated Community - ALL MEMBERS, PLEASE READ!
Vote for Members who contribute the most to your trading, and help us moderate content within the Forums.

Current location        Thread information  
VisualTrader Forums
User-Contributed Profiles
Guppy GMMA
Last Activity 5/31/2013 9:07 AM
16 replies, 2621 viewings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

back reply
Printer friendly version

^ Top
Ron J

New User

User Profile

Subject : Guppy GMMA
Posted : 1/10/2004 2:44 PM
Post #657

I just purchased the Guppy GMMA for OT..boy what a powerful & enlighting addition. Love it, so I put it on VT..Works very well there too...I would suggest that every one buys a copy.....it will vastly improve your trading...
^ Top
StockEng

New User

User Profile

Subject : RE: Guppy GMMA
Posted : 1/21/2004 2:08 PM
Post #660 - In reply to #657

RonJ...Just wondering how you are applying Guppy GMMA to VisualTrader? As I understand it, this is an OmniTrader plug-in so I don't see how it would integrate with VT. Thank you, and I look forward to your reply.
^ Top
Ron J

New User

User Profile

Posted : 1/21/2004 4:44 PM
Post #661 - In reply to #657

Very simple:
Bring up a chart in VT.
Right click on the chart.
select "Indicator"
select "moving average "exponential"
change "periods" to "3"
change "line styles" to "blue"
click - OK - OK - OK.
Do the same with " 5,8,10,12,15 "
Do the same with " 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 60 "
only change the color to "Red"
It will appear on all your charts in that profile only.

This is the best Indicator I have seen yet...good luck in your trading...
^ Top
Bill B

New User

User Profile

Posted : 1/25/2004 12:47 PM
Post #662 - In reply to #661

Hi Rolland,

Your post about the Guppy GMMMA indicators for VT was very interesting. I put in the moving averages but they appear only for one chart, not all charts in the profile. How do do get the MAs to show in all charts. Do you have to save GMMA IN Visual Trader some way?

Thanks,

Bill Byrne
^ Top
Ron J

New User

User Profile

Posted : 1/25/2004 1:36 PM
Post #663 - In reply to #657

I dont know...I put it on one chart & they show up on all of them in that profile. I havent changed any settings so everything is still on default since I got VT.

I dont use VT much, I prefer OT.

Ron J
^ Top

This accout has been deleted

Posted : 7/25/2004 9:25 AM
Post #722 - In reply to #663

Is it possiable to use Gmma are any OT 2004 plugin I.E volume systems Etc.?
Donald W Cole

[Edited by on 7/25/2004 9:26 AM]

^ Top
Barry Cohen

Icon

User Profile

Posted : 7/26/2004 9:08 AM
Post #723 - In reply to #722

Currently GMMA & Volume Systems are only incorporated in OmniTrader.
^ Top
Richard Kent

New User

User Profile

Posted : 8/6/2004 4:07 AM
Post #732 - In reply to #657

Hi Ron, thank you for your encouragement in the forum re Guppy MA system. I am a new trader in the UK. How are you getting on with it, now you have used it for a while? It certainly looks impressive. Like you, I also have Visual Trader. Happy trading! Richard Kent
^ Top
PaddyVA

Veteran

User Profile

Posted : 8/11/2004 6:43 PM
Post #734 - In reply to #661

Ron, thanks for this idea on setting up Guppy MAs in VT! Great! Worked fine -- set it up in one chart, and it appears in all charts in the profile, just like you said. (Wish we could have this as a plug-in in VT so we didn't have to repeat for each profile, though.)

I added simple moving averages at 20, 50 and 200 periods, plus Stoc at 5,3,3 with only the Primary line showing.

Wish VT and OT had capability to overlay Stocs and other indicators, like can do with MA and Price chart.

Pat
^ Top

Posted : 11/15/2004 8:23 PM
Post #789 - In reply to #734

Pat,

The GMMA addon you purchased for OT can now be used with VT 3.0. Once you have VT 3.0 loaded, download the GMMA again and choose the option to apply to VT 3.0. Then register it with VT using your existing CDkey.

Mark
^ Top
PaddyVA

Veteran

User Profile

Posted : 11/16/2004 6:30 PM
Post #790 - In reply to #789

Mark, thanks for this great news! I have done so, although I didn't get the option to apply to VT 3.0 -- in fact, after downloading the Guppy app again, and trying to run it, it gave me a message that it couldn't find an OT installation, and it exited. Since OT is on the PC and runs fine, I don't know what the installer's problem is. But I registered it in VT3, and the Guppy strategy does then show as registered, and does show up in the DO It list as a strategy.

It doesn't show up as an Indicator to add to a chart though, and there is no way to add indicators to the list, like there is in OT, as far as I can see.

So, I hope eventually, we will have capability to show the Guppy indicators in the charts.

Thanks again.
^ Top

Posted : 11/16/2004 7:37 PM
Post #792 - In reply to #790

Pat,

I do have all of the Guppy indicators and oscillators in VT3.0. I can now add the GMMA Indicator by selecting it in the drop down list.

Try the link below to download the new GMMA install for VT3.0. It should give you a dialog that asks which programs to apply to, i.e. VT or OT. You only have to reinstall to VT. Be sure you select the correct version of OT at the login. These should be universal downloads for the plugins for OT or VT. Of course, you must be a registered user in order to apply and use the plugins.

There are also updated installs for the Volume Systems and Darvas plugins. These also now exist in the indicator drop down.

http://www.omnitrader.com/omnitrader/guppy/

http://www.omnitrader.com/omnitrader/darvas/

http://www.omnitrader.com/omnitrader/systems/

Good luck.

Mark
^ Top
PaddyVA

Veteran

User Profile

Posted : 11/17/2004 12:09 AM
Post #795 - In reply to #792

Humm, OK, thanks Mark, I'll try these links. Like I said, the download I did wouldn't complete installation, because it claimed it couldn't find an OT installation, and so I didn't get the dialogue asking which programs I wanted to apply it to. The Guppy strategy did show up though after that in the VT 3.

Pat
^ Top

Posted : 11/17/2004 8:15 AM
Post #798 - In reply to #795

Pat,

Sorry you're having problems with that download. Are you using VT3.0 on the same machine as your OT and do you have OT2004 installed?

I have attached a screenshot of VT3.0 with the Indicator list. You can clearly see the Guppy and Darvas indicators are available.

Mark
^ Top
PaddyVA

Veteran

User Profile

Posted : 11/17/2004 11:26 AM
Post #800 - In reply to #798

Thanks, Mark. I found a solution to the download problem -- I chose to do the Guppy update directly, without saving it to my PC first. Then I got the option you described, of OT or VT update, chose the VT update, and when I opened VT3 again, the Guppy indicators were there for the chart, and I now have them happily displayed on my charts in VT3! (I've found this problem before with OT updates, sometimes, downloading and then running the install doesn't work, whereas the direct update without downloading first does work.)

Many thanks -- glad to have Guppy charts on VT.

(Yes, OT2004 and VT3 are on same machine -- I don't know why it wouldn't install from a saved copy of the update.)

Right now, I'm using the Volatility Breakouts Transform in VT3, and watching these huge green columns for the indexes and some of the stocks I'm trading in today's market. Impressive!

I don't have the Volume and Darvas add-ins -- do you find them worthwhile?

Pat
^ Top

Posted : 11/17/2004 12:00 PM
Post #801 - In reply to #798

Hi Mark,

I'm having trouble opening the file. I can't find anything for .PNG.

Where do I look for it?

Al
^ Top

Posted : 11/17/2004 12:36 PM
Post #802 - In reply to #801

Al,

A PNG (Public Network Graphic) file is a Windows cross-platform compatible graphic file. If you have Windows XP, you should have the ability to open this file type. Try the Microsoft "Paint" program that usually comes standard with Windows OS. Found under the Start>Accessories>Paint.

In any case, I have attached another format of the same screenshot.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
back reply

Legend    Action      Notification  
Administrator
Forum Moderator
Unregistered User
E-Mail this thread to a friend
(un)/Freeze thread |
Toggle e-mail notification

Nirvana Systems
For any problems or issues please contact our Webmaster at webmaster@nirvsys.com.