VisualTrader Forum VisualTrader Forum
forums calendars search
today this week

register logon control panel Forum Rules
You are currently browsing as a guest.
You should logon to access more features
A Self-Moderated Community - ALL MEMBERS, PLEASE READ!
Vote for Members who contribute the most to your trading, and help us moderate content within the Forums.

Current location        Thread information  
VisualTrader Forums
Strategies for Using VisualTrader
The Pivot Boss VT Five Days Of Christmas
Last Activity 4/13/2017 9:43 AM
28 replies, 5447 viewings

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

back reply
Printer friendly version

^ Top
THELGET

Elite

User Profile

Subject : The Pivot Boss VT Five Days Of Christmas
Posted : 12/20/2010 6:42 PM
Post #5656

Fellow VT Traders:

By now many of you are perhaps aware of Frank O. Ochoa's seminal work, "Secrets of a Pivot Boss". If not scope things out at:

http://pivotboss.com/

Frank's book is one of the best I have ever read for day traders and is specifically geared for the Nirvana Systems user. I should state here that I purchased my book and in no way am receiving considerations for this posting or my comments.

And, so to prove that, "Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus", I will endeavor over the next few days to present here VisualTrader transforms to effect some of Frank's wonderful strategies involving Floor Pivots as discussed between pages p.131 and 152 of his opus.

First, however, we must locate some of the little buggers that might be good candidates for for trading with his strategies. This is, of course, where OmniScan excels since the Floor Pivots for tomorrow are based on the High, Low and Close of today. Thus, we can have advance knowledge of the trading situation for the next day and that, to my mind, is one of the beauties of the whole schema.

And so I attach five OmniScans for use in OmniTrader to locate potential trading candidate for the next day as the "Partridge in the Pear Tree":

Now there are two caveats about the results of the scans. First they may not be quite "complete". When calculating the Central Pivot Range Top and Bottom sometimes the top needs to become the bottom and the bottom the top. This is just a calculational thing and goes unseen in the Floor Pivot Indicator provided in VT and OT but I don't know of any way to allow for it in the scans. Frank discusses this on p. 136 for those of you who are interested. Second, the Central Pivot Range values are dependant on the data employed. Thus, if pre- and post- market data are utilized, the high, low and close in extended hours might well be different than the corresponding data in the traditional 9:30 AM EST to 4:00 PM EST session. Frank also discusses this on pages 122 and 123. So, if you have pre-market data loaded on your charts in VT you might look at a Higher Value scan selectee and say, that isn't right and you would be correct. But if you were to load only traditional market hours you would find that it is indeed correct. In many I cases I have found it makes little difference.

So, load up your first present and get ready for tomorrow's.

Also, I hope that in the upcoming discussion I will not violate any copyright laws as I have used some of the code in "Secrets of A Pivot Boss" as the basis of the measurements used in the transforms. If I am in violation at any time I would request that the Forum Moderator pull this thread immediately as I do not want a lawsuit as my Chirstmas present.

If we are good to go, though, enjoy!

Tom Helget

[Edited by THELGET on 12/20/2010 6:55 PM]

Attached file : Pivot Point Scans.PNG (6KB - 1000 downloads)
Attached file : _Pivot_32_Point_32_Inside_32_Value_32_Stocks_32_for_32_Tomorrow.otl (1KB - 360 downloads)
Attached file : _Pivot_32_Point_32_Unchanged_32_Value_32_Stocks_32_for_32_Tomorrow.otl (1KB - 313 downloads)
Attached file : _Pivot_32_Point_32_Lower_32_Value_32_Stocks_32_for_32_Tomorrow.otl (1KB - 306 downloads)
Attached file : _Pivot_32_Point_32_Higher_32_Value_32_Stocks_32_for_32_Tomorrow.otl (1KB - 310 downloads)
Attached file : _Pivot_32_Point_32_Contraction_32_Stocks_32_for_32_Tomorrow.otl (0KB - 301 downloads)

^ Top
TP

Veteran

User Profile

Subject : RE: The Pivot Boss VT Five Days Of Christmas
Posted : 12/20/2010 9:48 PM
Post #5657 - In reply to #5656

Nice contribution Doctor. Thanks much.

I have Frank's book also. Agree very much with your assessment of it.

Merry Christmas.

TP
^ Top
Bill Graves

User Profile

Posted : 12/20/2010 11:25 PM
Post #5658 - In reply to #5656

Very nice, Tom. Thanks!
^ Top
Brad Kent

User Profile

Posted : 12/21/2010 5:29 AM
Post #5659 - In reply to #5656

Thanks, Tom. I have the book and have been using Frank's approach only in simple strategies. I am interested to see it in the VisualTrader way. Thanks for sharing your efforts.

- Brad
^ Top
Frank Ochoa

New User

User Profile

Posted : 12/21/2010 12:36 PM
Post #5660 - In reply to #5656

Hi Tom!

Thanks for the super kind words. I'm flattered and honored that you would go through the trouble of creating these fun scans. I'm looking forward to the rest of the Five Days of Christmas :)

Cheers!

Frank
^ Top
THELGET

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 12/21/2010 12:44 PM
Post #5661 - In reply to #5657

VT Traders:

OK, it is the second day of The Pivot Boss VT Five Days of Christmas and that means Two Turtle Doves.

Hopefully you have imported the OmniScans I posted above in OmniTrader. Loading up your Opportunity List with these gives you a better chance the next day of having highly qualified candidates at the ready for your transforms. I just minimize VT over the scans in OT and type the winners in. This takes maybe two minutes if you are a quick typist:

Our present today is Frank's "Breakaway Play" discussed on pages 131 to 134. Herein the open of the day is beyond yesterday's price range and above R1 resistance. Additionally the gap should occur no higher than R2. If the pivot holds you are looking for a move to R3 or maybe even R4. These plays usually occur early on in the session from my limited experience.

Here for example is SPY for today that was picked up by the transform but it also lingered there quite a while before going to near R2. Note the Higher Value scenario as well:

The transform and the corresponding measurement are attached below. As with all of the measurements I will discuss here, the user must "futz" a bit with it before employment. All of my measurements are set up for EST trading hours. However, if you are in a different time zone, you will have to adjust for that:

Also you can set a bit of a zone about R1 (or S1) by adjusting the PCAbove and PCBelow parameters on lines 36 and 37. You may want to experiement with these to suit your taste.

The cylinder height is set up so that the closer the close is to R2 (or S2), the smaller will be the height. Taller cylinders then represent closes nearer R1 just starting out hopefully on their journey to R2 (or S2). I use the range between R1 and R2 (or S1 and S2) as the "standard yardstick" against which we measure the proximity of the close to R1 or S1. However, many times the cylinder heights appear the same and you will and you will just have to scroll down the Opportunity List to view them. Fortunately we are limited to a small cadre.

Please note that I have just jiggered with Mr. Ochoa's code a bit here and have him to thank for most of the efforts herein.

OK, so now you have a transform, get out there and work with it and send me any ideas you might have on how to improve it. Oh, and stop peeking under the tree to see what is coming tomorrow!

Tom Helget

[Edited by THELGET on 12/21/2010 1:05 PM]

Attached file : Scanned Stocks in VisualTrader Opportunity List.PNG (25KB - 1003 downloads)
Attached file : Breakaway Play on SPY.PNG (35KB - 924 downloads)
Attached file : Pivot Boss Breakaway.ini (0KB - 309 downloads)
Attached file : PivotBossBreakaway2.txt (7KB - 431 downloads)
Attached file : Pivot Boss Breakaway Instructions.PNG (65KB - 944 downloads)

^ Top
THELGET

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 12/21/2010 12:54 PM
Post #5662 - In reply to #5660

Frank:

You are very welcome! Thank you for your wonderful manuscript. I only hope I do justice to your concepts.

Please feel free to be brutally honest with any suggestions for improvement.

Oh, and Happy Holidays to you and the entire Nirvana crew.

Tom Helget
^ Top
TP

Veteran

User Profile

Posted : 12/21/2010 1:07 PM
Post #5663 - In reply to #5656

Nice work Doctor.

Shoveling massive amounts of snow must be a neurological stimulative for you.

Thanks once again.

TP
^ Top
THELGET

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 12/21/2010 2:09 PM
Post #5664 - In reply to #5663

Jeff:

Yes, when the snow is blowing in your face and you are tediously attempting to remove the greatest snowfall ever recorded in any December from your driveway, you have plenty of time to consider transforms. As long as you can keep from falling asleep, of course.

Tom Helget
^ Top
THELGET

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 12/22/2010 7:48 AM
Post #5665 - In reply to #5664

VT Enthusiasts:

OK, it is the third day of "The Pivot Boss VT Five Days of Christmas" and time for three French Hens.

Today we will discuss Frank's Inside Value play. This occurs when today's Central Pivot Range is completely inside yesterday's Central Pivot Range. This setup implies a breakout opportunity for the current session as price is winding up ahead of a breakout attempt. If today's open is beyond yesterday's price range there is a good change that price will be pushed to a new value since market sentiment has changed overnight. This might especially be true if there is a marked diffence in width between today's Central Pivot Range and yesterday's with today's being much narrower.

The setup is dicussed on pages 150 to 152 of Frank's book, "Secrets of a Pivot Boss".

Here is an example that was picked up by the attached transform yesterday:

As stated previously, some initial adjustment will have to be made to the measurement depending on your time zone. Also you can designate the minimum Pivot Point Contraction you will allow on line 38. I have it set up now for 50% or less:

The cylinder height here repesents the distance of the close from the high or low of yesterday in terms of percentage. The taller the cylinder, the futher away price has moved from yesterday's high or low. So with this transform you might want to start looking at the shorter cylinders first and work your way up to the taller more mature ones.

OK, that is it for today's present. Now I saw you dipping into those Christmas cookies while purusing this and so advise a quick jog around the neighborhood to compensate.

Tom Helget

[Edited by THELGET on 12/22/2010 7:56 AM]

Attached file : Inside Value Play on DD Yesterday.PNG (35KB - 854 downloads)
Attached file : Pivot Boss Inside Value.ini (0KB - 284 downloads)
Attached file : PivotBossInsideValue.txt (6KB - 414 downloads)
Attached file : Pivot Boss Inside Value Measurement.PNG (58KB - 861 downloads)

^ Top
TP

Veteran

User Profile

Posted : 12/22/2010 11:13 AM
Post #5667 - In reply to #5656

Doctor,

Your work here will be immortalized in the Livermore Institute for Advanced Trading Studies. The display case will be titled PBVT5XMAS.

May your generosity come back to you 11X in 2011.

TP

^ Top
Tony Birchfield

Veteran

User Profile

Posted : 12/23/2010 1:04 AM
Post #5672 - In reply to #5667

Gents,

fine work and many thanks Tom. This week not really trading. Yesterday, only did the stalk of this trade. Did not set up how I like. But offering the setup in the theme of 5 days...

Merry Christmas,

Tony
Attached file : 2010-12-221_Ignite with pause.png (182KB - 322 downloads)

^ Top
THELGET

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 12/23/2010 7:37 AM
Post #5673 - In reply to #5667

Pivot Boss VT Traders:

OK, time for four Colly Birds (and, I'll bet you thought they were "calling" birds!).

And, that is apropos as we will be killing two (three) birds in this posting with one stone as we are now studying the Higher and Lower Value setups. These are discussed by Frank in his book on pages 140 to 142 for Higher Value and pages 144 to 146 for Lower Value.

Our setup occurs when the current day's pivot range is completely higher (or lower) than yesterday's. Thus your initial directional bias is in the direction of trend (up or down). And, if the price closed above (or below) it pivot range yesterday the market is primed to move higher (or lower) in the current session. It is the market open today that will either confirm or reject that initial bias. If the market opens anywhere above the bottom (or below the top) of the pivot range you look to buy (or sell) a pull-back to the range. I find this transform works best after the first ten minutes or so after the open.

So here is an example on RIMM yesterday which after pulling back to the CPR drops quickly to achieve S1 for a tidy profit:

Once again the measurement code need be adjusted for your time zone. Also, you can set some wiggle room around the Central Pivot Range High or Low in lines 40 and 41 of the code:

The height of the cylinder indicates how deep the Central Pivot Range has been penetrated. Thus taller cylinder indicate closes near the Central Pivot Range bottom on Higher Value stocks and closes near the Central Pivot Range top on Lower Value stocks.

One special note: Once the price has moved beyond the low (or the high) of the Central Pivot Range (including it "wiggle" room) I consider it a failed setup and eliminate it from further consideration on the day. That is, the stock is considered to be a Higher Value candidate until the low of the day breaches the Central Pivot Range. Thus, I am essentially looking for "virgin" entries with the transform and not stocks that have bounced around and now suddenly find themselves in the once again in the desired "zone".

Well, it almost time to put out the remainder of those cookies you were scarfing down yesterday for Santa. And, don't forget the milk. A little vodka in the milk would be a nice touch to get the jolly old guy through the night......

Tom Helget

[Edited by THELGET on 12/23/2010 7:43 AM]

Attached file : Lower Value on RIMM obtaining S1.PNG (35KB - 807 downloads)
Attached file : Pivot Boss Higher and Lower Measurement.PNG (64KB - 835 downloads)
Attached file : Pivot Boss Higher and Lower Value.ini (0KB - 283 downloads)
Attached file : PivotBossHigherAndLowerValue.txt (7KB - 345 downloads)

^ Top
THELGET

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 12/24/2010 9:01 AM
Post #5677 - In reply to #5673

VT Pivot Boss Enthusiasts:

Well it is the fifth day of Christmas and time for five Gold Rings. It is also Christmas Eve and I hope I can do this justice as Sugar Plums are definitely dancing in my head.

Our discussion today centers around what Frank calls The Golden Pivot Zone and he discusses it on pages 266 to 273 of his opus.

The basic idea is to locate unrelated pivot levels that give similar values. Frank likens this to a running back trying to get past one defender versus several. That is, two completely unrelated formulae identify an identical area of potential support or resistance. Frank claims, "When this pattern occurs, oceans are parted and angels sing as you trade". I don't know about you, but that sounds pretty good to me.

For the Bullish Golden Pivot Zone Frank suggests using L3, VAL, VAH, POC, and VPOC in conjunction with the Central Pivot Range (CPR). You will note that these are the L3 Camarilla level and the other levels are from the Money Zone.

For the Bearish Golden Pivot Zone H3 is used along with VAL, VAH, POC and VPOC.

Now Frank also would like the stock to open the day above the CPR and have closed the day yesterday above the CPR. You might recognize this as the basic scenario for the Higher Value situation discussed yesterday. He doesn't clearly state whether or not he would like to see the CPR of today higher than that of the previous day, but since we are looking to "buying the dips" and "selling the rips" in this scenario I built an OmniScan on what we already know.

Thus, I took the Higher Value OmniScan and added the Camarilla Levels H3 and L3 being between the Central Pivot High and the Central Pivot Low. This is easy enough to do as both the CPR and the Camarilla Levels are based on the previous day's high, low and close. The OmniScans are attached for you to download:

Now, you might ask why I didn't also scan for the related Money Zone levels. Well, that is because you can't scan as easily for intraday Money Zone levels in our current EOD OmniScan. Remember that the Money Zone calculations are complex and involve each and every intra-day bar and so we are left with no way in OmniScan of ascertaining them for tomorrow. You might say, well that's what the Developing Money Zone Levels are for, but again these are based on daily values, not intraday values.

Now, you might also say that you have VT and maybe you could create a transformation that can use the Developing Money Zone Levels at the end of each trading day to identify these setups. Indeed, Frank even alludes to the possibility on page 271 in the "Pivot Boss in Action" section wherein he states, "Since it is my strong belief that the Golden Pivot Zone is a confluence powerhouse, I have set up my trading platform (OmniTrader Professional) to filter through my focus list of stocks and futures automatically to find this relationship in real time. It is a basic scan with a few lines of code that looks for the GPZ criteria that we have covered in this chapter (i.e. TC>=POC>=BC) and automatically assigns each symbol in my list a True or False grade depending on whether the criteria has been met on that particular day."

Well, I don't know if you have ever tried to use the Money Zone indicators in a real-time measurement or not, but just assigning a variable with one of these complexly calculated indicators will freeze your computer up like you can't believe. Just a simple statement like POC=DVL(1,1,20,1)[1] will grind your 3 MHz computer to a resounding halt. So, Frank, if you would like to share your code with us or tell me where I might be going wrong in progamming land, I sure am all ears.

So, what can we do to circumvent this minor drawback? Well, my solution is to garner up the small number of candidates that we already know meet the CPR and Camarilla criteria (28 for Monday) and create two Chart Templates to utilize in a Chart Layout to visually scan through them with an eye to discovering additional Money Zone Levels of support or resistance within the CPR. I have attached the two Chart Templates I use below as seen in this screen shot of them in a Chart Layout:

Plese note that every now and again if you have market data on your charts outside of normal trading hours you might find a stock whose Camarilla Level in not in the CPR because a different high or low (or both) was found in your pre- and (/or) post-market data. So, with some pre-market data on my charts, ADBE shows the green L3 level inside the fuchsia colored CPR on the top chart and the brown colored DVAP also inside the fuchsia colored CPR on the lower chart. I therefore placed the stock on my Watch List in VT along with all the other stocks I found:

You might ask why I used the Developing Money Zone Levels and the answer is that yesterday's Developing Money Zone Levels turn into today's Money Zone Levels just as yesterday's data for the CPR and Camarilla levels provide today's values. To that end, Frank has supplied in his book the developing CPR (iDevPivotRange) and Camarilla (iDevCamarilla) indicators and I have also attached them below. I hope Frank does not mind me doing this, but it is essential to have them for our discussion.

So, we are all set up to go for Monday's trading and will be keeping a sharp eye out for pullbacks to the CPR on those sixteen stocks shown above in my Watch List.

How can we identify when that happens, though? Well, we can at least identify those stocks with a transform that show pullbacks into the CPR whose Camarilla levels L3 or H3 are also within the CPR with the measurement shown below. Once again, note that some preparation must be done for you to use it:

And, to identify those stocks more easily (as well as to view any of the stocks on my Watch List) another Chart Layout would be helpful showing the major Pivot Levels for visual evaluation:

Herein all the key Pivot Levels are identified for easy action.

Of course the transformation and the measurement are also attached.

Now all this has been rather long-winded and I hope you have been able to keep up. Luckily the markets are closed today and I have off.

Well, now toddle off to bed and try not to listen for the sounds of reindeer on your roof. I wouldn't hear them here at all with the two or more foot of snow on my roof.....

Tom Helget

[Edited by THELGET on 12/24/2010 9:51 AM]

Attached file : Pivot Boss Golden Pivot Zone OmniScans.PNG (4KB - 767 downloads)
Attached file : _Pivot_32_Boss_32_Golden_32_Zone_32_Lower_32_Value_32_Stocks_32_for_32_Tomorrow.otl (1KB - 271 downloads)
Attached file : _Pivot_32_Boss_32_Golden_32_Zone_32_Higher_32_Value_32_Stocks_32_for_32_Tomorrow.otl (1KB - 267 downloads)
Attached file : ADBE with Additional Confluence of VPOC.PNG (75KB - 753 downloads)
Attached file : Developing CPR And Camarilla.vtd (164KB - 291 downloads)
Attached file : Developing Money Zone and VPOC.vtd (164KB - 286 downloads)
Attached file : December 27, 2010 Watch List.PNG (2KB - 722 downloads)
Attached file : iDevPivotRange.txt (1KB - 345 downloads)
Attached file : iDevCamarilla3.txt (1KB - 335 downloads)
Attached file : Pivot Boss Golden Pivot Zone Plays Measurement.PNG (66KB - 775 downloads)
Attached file : JEF On Our Trading Day Chart Layout.PNG (55KB - 766 downloads)
Attached file : Floor Pivot And Camarilla.vtd (160KB - 276 downloads)
Attached file : Developing Money Zone and VPOC.vtd (164KB - 270 downloads)

^ Top
Jim Dean

Legend

User Profile

Posted : 12/24/2010 9:19 AM
Post #5678 - In reply to #5677

Hey Tom ...

Thanks for the Christmas present :~)

Question ... are the methods in Frank's book "automate-able" for the most part? Are they spelled out well enough so that OmniLanguage can encompass them? And, as such, are they back-testable?

And ... as a lighthearted contribution to your cookies & sugarplums, you might get a kick out of this ...

"Santa Claus Analysis"

1) No known species of reindeer can fly. But since there are 300,000 species of living organisms yet to be classified, we cannot completely rule out flying reindeer, which only Santa has ever seen. (refer to speed analysis, below, for more details)

2) There are over 2 billion children (under 18) in the world. But since Santa doesn't appear to handle Muslim, Hindu, Jewish and Buddhist children, the workload is reduced to 15%, or 378 million. At an average rate of 3.5 children per household, that's 91.8 million households.

3) Santa has 31 hours of Christmas to work with, assuming E to W travel across the time zones (seems logical). This works out to 822.6 visits per second. So for each Christian household with good children, Santa has 1/1000th of a second to:
-- park;
-- hop out of the sleigh;
-- jump down the chimney;
-- distribute the presents under the tree;
-- eat whatever snacks were left;
-- get back up the chimney;
-- get back into the sleigh, and
-- move on to the next house

4) Assuming that each of these 91.8 million stops are evenly distributed around the earth, we are now talking about: 0.78 miles per household, a total trip of 75.5 million miles, not counting stops to do what most of us must do at least once every 31 hours, plus feeding the reindeer. This means that Santa's sleigh is moving at 650 miles per second - 3,000 times the speed of sound. For purposes of comparison, the fastest man-made vehicle, the Ulysses space probe, moves at a pokey 27.4 miles per second. A conventional reindeer can run, tops, 15 mph.

5) The payload on the sleigh adds another interesting element. Assuming each child gets nothing more than a medium-sized LEGO set at two pounds, the sleigh is carrying 321,300 tons, not counting Santa, who is invariably described as overweight. On land, conventional reindeer can pull no more than 300 pounds. Even granting that "flying" reindeer could pull 10 times the normal amount, we cannot do the job with eight, or even nine. We need 214,200 reindeer. This increased the payload -- not even counting the weight of Santa or the sleigh -- to 353,430 tons. Again, for comparison, this is four times the weight of the Queen Elizabeth II cruise ship.

6) With 353,000 tons traveling at 650 miles per second, there is enormous air resistance. This will heat the reindeer up in the same fashion as a spacecraft re-entering the earth's atmosphere. The lead pair of reindeer will absorb 14.3 quintillion joules of energy per second. In short, they will burst into flame almost instantaneously, exposing the reindeer behind them, and create a deafening sonic booms in their wake.

7) The entire reindeer team will be vaporized within 4.26/1000th of a second. Santa, meanwhile, will be subjected to centrifugal forces 17,500,000 times greater than gravity. A 250-pound Santa, which seems ludicrously slim, will be pinned to the back of his sleigh by 4,315,015 pounds of force.

In conclusion, if Santa did ever deliver presents on Christmas Eve, he's dead now.
^ Top
TP

Veteran

User Profile

Posted : 12/24/2010 10:09 AM
Post #5679 - In reply to #5677

Wow Tom. You crown one fabulous week of posting with a magnificant post. I'm speechless. You have much greatness within you. It's a pleasure to witness it being released into the world.

Bravo my friend. Bravo.

TP

[Edited by TP on 12/24/2010 10:11 AM]

^ Top
THELGET

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 12/24/2010 10:12 AM
Post #5680 - In reply to #5678

Jim:

Happy Holidays!

To answer your question about Frank's methods being "automate-able", yes, I think they might be. He likes to look for entries on setups similar to the ones I have already coded for using various Reversal Systems (Wick, Extreme, Outside and Doji) which he has coded up for you on pages 298 to 301 of his book. Combining the two one might be able to effect a strategy that would be back-testable. But, I have to admit that this is most likely well beyond my programming skills (but, I'll bet, not beyond yours). I haven't read all the book but so far I have not come across any straight out "give me" strategy.

And, as to your Santa Claus Analysis", the obvious conclusion is that Santa is living in cyberspace and so can travel at the speed of light, seven times around the earth in one second. Put that into your calculations and ignore the payload problem (neatly handled with electronic gift cards), the wind resistance problem (there is no wind in cyberspace just like no one can hear you scream in space: "Alien") and I am sure you will see that Santa will indeed "Rule" once again tonight as he had done for centuries. Shame on you, I bet you are in for a lump of coal for ever applying Newton's laws of physics to a tradition!

Tom Helget
^ Top
TP

Veteran

User Profile

Posted : 12/24/2010 10:14 AM
Post #5681 - In reply to #5678

Jim,

You have just explained why we have miracles.

TP
^ Top
THELGET

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 12/24/2010 10:26 AM
Post #5682 - In reply to #5679

TP:

Thanks for the kudos and staying with me. I realize that the last post contains quite a bit of information and will require some time to implement. I hope it will be worth it.

I am constantly amazed at how effective the Floor Pivot Levels, Camarilla Levels and Money Zone Levels are. Just look at this chart of CVX from yesterday that after bouncing off the CPR High more or less simultaneously breaks L3 and R1 on the top chart along with the Money Zone High on the bottom chart (additionally having the support of Volume at Price) and soars to R3 later in the day:

What more is required to convince one of the power of the confluence of indicators?

Tom Helget

[img=

[Edited by THELGET on 12/24/2010 10:31 AM]

Attached file : Breakout on CVX.PNG (54KB - 706 downloads)

^ Top
TP

Veteran

User Profile

Posted : 12/24/2010 10:31 AM
Post #5683 - In reply to #5656

And if you occassionally bake in Whole numbers (look at VAP and UMZ for CVX.....it's at +/- $90) and/or other things like HODY/LODY and/or Ken Calhoun 2 day high BOs it can tend to propel one into a state of confluential delight.

TP

[Edited by TP on 12/24/2010 10:46 AM]

^ Top
THELGET

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 12/24/2010 11:43 AM
Post #5684 - In reply to #5683

TP:

And you also forgot the little bull cup breakout on CVX as Ken Calhoun would also like. Yes, truly a "highly confirmed" trade unless you might want to add insider information to the list!

Tom Helget
^ Top
TP

Veteran

User Profile

Posted : 12/24/2010 12:06 PM
Post #5685 - In reply to #5656

Tom,

Where you seeing the Bull Cup? Formed in the afternoon of the 21st with the handle formed on the 22nd?

TP
^ Top
THELGET

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 12/24/2010 4:50 PM
Post #5686 - In reply to #5685

TP:

A small Bull Cup Breakout is shown below:

And, Jim, see Santa even shows up on NORAD:

Tom Helget

[Edited by THELGET on 12/24/2010 4:52 PM]

Attached file : Breakout on CVX.PNG (57KB - 682 downloads)
Attached file : NORAD Tracks Santa.png (618KB - 708 downloads)

^ Top
Tony Birchfield

Veteran

User Profile

Posted : 12/25/2010 10:53 AM
Post #5688 - In reply to #5656

Tom,

thanks for doing the pivot boss work.

And thanks for the santa update. Unfortunately the sun has not come up yet so will have to wait a while yet for Santa treats.

Tony
^ Top
THELGET

Elite

User Profile

Posted : 12/25/2010 1:50 PM
Post #5689 - In reply to #5688

Tony:

Yes, the map clearly shows that you folks in Hawaii get the short end of the stick at Christmas time. But at least you can hang on to the old year to the bitter end.

Happy Holidays!

Tom Helget
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
back reply

Legend    Action      Notification  
Administrator
Forum Moderator
Unregistered User
E-Mail this thread to a friend
(un)/Freeze thread |
Toggle e-mail notification

Nirvana Systems
For any problems or issues please contact our Webmaster at webmaster@nirvsys.com.